Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Resigning From US Quidditch

Readers of The QuidKid,
I have decided to resign from my position as a staff writer for US Quidditch. I will be writing original content solely for my blog during the 2014-15 season. 

I have enjoyed my time with US Quidditch immensely and I feel satisfied knowing that my articles have helped to grow the sport of quidditch. With a challenging school year approaching and a tournament to plan in October, I was forced to make a choice between The QuidKid or US Quidditch. I am very attached to The QuidKid and I couldn't let it die. I proud to say that The QuidKid is and will continue to be the oldest active source for quidditch news and analysis. I hope to return to US Quidditch for World Cup VIII in Rock Hill, SC.

I want to thank Amanda Dallas for her terrific leadership of the IQA's Editorial Team during the 2013-14 season and I am excited to see what she can do as the Eighth Man's second Editor-in-Chief. 

Finally, I want to thank Andy Marmer. Before I was the quidditch community's favorite teenage writer, Andy took a gamble and hired me to take over the Monday Snitch. Andy was patient with me and helped me refine my writing skills. Under Andy's guidance, I've matured as a writer and opened endless opportunities for my future. I wish Andy the best of luck during his stint as USQ's Interim Editorial Manager.

Once again, I have decided to resign from US Quidditch to focus on producing content for The QuidKid during the 2014-15 regular season.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment